Friday, August 15, 2008

Too Close to Lightning

We had a crazy storm yesterday. The rain dropped about 2 inches in 20min. Power was lost at the house and there was lightning and thunder claps at least once a minute. I recorded with my camera phone hoping to get the sound of the thunder. What I did get was even more impressive. Watch the tree the whole time, you will see the flash of lightning shimmer threw it, along with an instant crack of thunder. I believe lightning struck right behind my house and the what you see threw the trees is the reflection off the window of the unit across the driveway.

My reaction was a mix of fear and amazement. I have never lived where lightning comes so close. I can see why NC has the second largest number of people struck by lightning.

No comments:

Post a Comment