Recently I bought a buff and I went with the Predator pattern.
Mainly because I felt the colors would be the most natural. I'm happy with the coloring. Up close you can see the animals on the buff but from a distance it looks almost like camouflage.
The first time I tried it was on the redfish trip. I had a lot of stubble and I found the buff a little irritating. You have to keep messing around with the fit or your sunglasses will fog up constantly. Even with the warm weather I didn't find the buff really hot. I paid for not wearing it enough. My lips got severely burned. The picture above was from a striper trip. The weather was unseasonably cold and there was a constant breeze. The buff provided relief and kept me warm. I think this is the best use for the buff. I wore a different style hat this time and the buff seemed to fit better with a ball cap. I found it easy to fit most of it over my face with out fogging up my sunglasses. I'll be quick with the rest of the review.
- Blocks wind
- Easy to take on and off
- Packs easy, you can throw it in your pocket or fish pack
- Great sun protection
- Works well in hot and cold weather
- Takes a while to get used to
- Hard to get a fit that doesn't fog up glasses
- I was going to write looks kind of goofy but on the river I saw more people wearing them than I ever have.