Monday, March 26, 2018

So How Did the Tournament Go?

I'm sure a lot of you were wondering how the tournament went. I wondered myself while I tended to the kids while my wife had the flu. She kept telling me to go but I knew the kids were hard enough to deal with when you're healthy. Add a new dog and illness into the mix and it was a no brainer that I was staying home. My wife did admit later she was happy I did. I can't say I wasn't disappointed. Even with the crappy weather I was looking forward to the experience.

Speaking of weather around here it has been very strange. It's not uncommon for Raleigh to get about one day of rain a week. This year it seems we only get one or two days of sunshine. It has also been colder than normal. We have had the kind of weather I don't like at all. It snows but nothing sticks or it is just cold and misty in the low 30's with wind.

I have been tying some and trying to talk my daughter into joining me on the water. She seems more eager to come along. I think she wants the dad time more than a desire to fish. I can see the will I be trapped doing something I hate for hours look in her eyes when I talk about fishing together. I'm really working on trying to keep it light and fun. The weather looks like it's going to take a turn for the better in the next week. If things go well we may hit a pond for some bluegill. I'd really like to get her on the water for some trout though. She has a pair of waders that have been sitting in a closet for over a year.

3 comments:

  1. Wise choice Kevin. I think I might have done the same thing. Other opportunities will come up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Howard, I'm sure there will be more tournaments.

      Delete
  2. Kevin
    Sounds like my wife and I in our early years; enjoy those kids and being young, because the years pass faster as you get older. My wife and I are in the grandchildren stage now, which is as much fun now as raising their Mom and Dad when we were younger. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete