Monday, November 30, 2015

Last Kayak Trip Of The Year

I'm pretty sure yesterday was my last kayak trip of the year. I soaked up as much as I could yesterday with the nice weather. The fishing was decent and there is something about paddling a kayak that makes you feel good. If the fish aren't biting you can just paddle around and enjoy the scenery.
The high barely reached 70 yesterday and the water was just above 60 degrees. The usual highs will start getting into the 50's now and being out in the open lake with a cold wind isn't attractive to me. I guess I'll get my fly tying stuff out and see what patterns I can come up with for next year.

8 comments:

  1. Kevin
    I hope you kept that nice crappie, two great fillets there. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis the season for fly tying, Kevin. I have already unloaded most of my gear from my car. Keeping only what I would use in the winter...which is not much. At least you weren't skunked on the last kayak outing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the way to go out Kevin! Great fish. I'm a little jealous of the 70 degree temperature. Yep...fly tying season is upon us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already missing those temperatures Howard. The last few days have been barely 50 and rainy.

      Delete
  4. I'm happy to be in SEAR where the winter isn't bad enough to put the kayak on sidelines. I might have to move further south if I missed any extended time in my yak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I'll ever get used to the winters here.

      Delete