Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Time Fishing

July has never been an excellent fishing month for me. It's usually always hot and the fishing is very slow. Unless you're going for bluegill. I've had some luck with bass at a local pond recently and today I went to Falls Lake. We finally had a day under 90degrees. Had to be the first day in a month and a half. I figured the fish might be up to eating since the temperature dropped and there was a chance of thunderstorms. I went with a spin fisherman buddy and he equiped himself with shiners.

We worked a section I had fished before for crappie. I had high hopes but they faded as my friends bobber didn't move for hours and my flies weren't getting much attention. I did catch a few small gills and put them on a spinning rod to see how they'd work. It didn't amount to anything. The day ended up being just a nice time spent with a friend staring at water. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

I'm sure we will fish together again but Falls Lake hasn't been my favorite fishing spot. I haven't heard or seen any great fishing reports from this Lake. I think next time we will try some water that has a better reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment