Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Fly Fishing Tournament

If you could count the number of times you fished on one hand in the last year would you enter a fly fishing tournament? Well that's what I just did. Might not have been the best decision but I'm hoping it will give me some motivation to dust off the rods and wet a fly line. Heck, maybe I'll even tie a few flies while I'm at it. The money goes towards a good cause and I like the shop Due South Outfitters that's hosting the tournament. The river where the tournament is being held is one of my all time favorites. It was one of the places I fished most often when I lived in Boone and it will always have a fondness in my heart.

It will be my first tournament experience. I'm looking forward to see how everything goes down and how it's organized. I'm also eager to see how other fishermen attack the water and their results.

I'm sure a lot of fun will be had. What's the worst that can happen? I could have a good day of getting skunked on one of my favorite rivers. Doesn't sound so bad.

5 comments:

  1. Well, this friend is just happy to hear you're giving it a try. I'm not sure I'd do it but...all you have to lose is some time. Good luck Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GL man...looks like fun. I'll be interested to hear how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin
    Enjoy the adventure, love to see some images of the river--thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect excuse to go fishing! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete