It was too cold to fish last weekend and too rainy this weekend. At least there's football on and plenty of tying supplies. I messed around today and worked on a bass pattern. When it comes to tying dubbing matters. I got some from Stu Thompson of Dark Water Dubbing last year. I really liked this purple black color but I wasn't sure quite how to use it.
I'm not sure how this pattern will work but I like the look of it. I also used dubbing for several soft hackle bodies. The dubbing at Singlebarbed.biz is superb. I really believe it's made a difference with my flies. They have more of a buggy look.
I haven't tried to do any poppers for quite some time. I never really know how to tie them exactly. This was my attempt at a Sneaky Pete style pattern. The body is a little awkward but I think it will fish fine.