Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Getting Buff

There is times on the water when you know you are getting fried. It's not painful there is just a certain feeling you get. The red glow in the mirror usually confirms your suspicions. I am trying to get rid of the usual farmer tan this summer. I have decided to try a buff. The question is will it work in NC's hot and humid weather? I have googled Bandana vs Buff and done some other research. I didn't really find anything that specifically proved a buff is better in hot and humid weather. My only guess it works is that many people use this on the coast where it gets sticky and suffers the worst humidity. So now the question is which one do I get? I don't want to invest a lot because I'm not sure how much I will actually wear it. These are the designs I'm debating over. All are $20 an under. 
 
The middle graphic is pretty machismo. I like the coloring. Even though these designs look cool on the web I'm sure they look different on an actual face. It is to bad the websites don't show a model wearing each one. I'll definitely snap some pics after I get mine.

6 comments:

  1. HI Kev! I've followed your blog for quite a while and love it. I kept thinking I would introduce myself at a TFF meeting but business travel and life in general has kept me away from the meetings for over a year now. My son talked me into a buff. In my experience, it doesn't much matter what the pattern is. Unless you cover your entire face most of the buff will be bunched up or under a hat so you don't really see the pattern. I hope you'll let us know what you think about it. I find it too hot if I cover my nose and mouth with it, but it does a good job of keeping the sun off the back of my neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy,

    Thank you for following and the comment. I will definitely let you know what happens with the buff. Your remark about it being too hot concerns me a little. That's my biggest worry. If you ever do make it to meeting or TFF event please come by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you post a follow-up on this with a review. I've thought about getting one of these. John Montana over at Carp on the Fly swears by them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been using my Buff this winter an it keeps the wind off your face. I don't cover my nose or mouth either. Just started using Buff gloves and like them so far. I didn't use my Buff last summer, due to the wide brim hat I wore instead, but will continue wearing the Buff to see if KS humidity is too much as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kev,

    I'm Jeremy's son, John. I also find that the buff gets too hot if I have it over my mouth and nose - I also find that my sunglasses start to fog up if I do this! But I haven't had any problems with it being too hot or anything if I just have it covering my neck. It does a great job of keeping the sun off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments guys, I ended up buying the one in the middle off ebay. I should get it next week some time. I'll post a review after I fish with it some. Should be a perfect time to try it out fishing for some carp or bass.

    ReplyDelete