Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sour Grapes

There have been a ton of reports about fishing for stripers lately.   It seems like the local lake everyone fishes is really heating up.  It's always nice seeing pictures and reports but eventually you get jealous.  Sour grapes I guess.
The biggest issue with having so many buddies that fly fish is everyone wants to go on trips and you can't invite everyone. So when you start begging the question "why wasn't I invited?" You can just point to all the posts and reports you have given that didn't include others. In the end it's not personal.

7 comments:

  1. Makes me think of that line from You've Got Mail, "It's not personal, it's business." Guess the same goes for fishing, too, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No offense to you my friend, but It's not personal, it's just business is my least favorite expression. That was the line given me when I got laid off my dream job years ago.

    On the other hand, Eff em if they can't take a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever find yourself in the Greater Cincinnati area we'll go fishing. JGR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin and Cofisher, I don't know why but I do take it personal at first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now i feel bad that I didn't invite you to the river today. What makes it worse is the 20 incher I landed...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kev
    Landing those Strips is awesome especially on the fly--thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suggest you hit the water, hook it some big strippers and then text them out. It wont get you invited in the future but It will make you feel better now. Or just buy them a gift card to your fly shop for Christmas and hope for the best next year.

    ReplyDelete