Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Smallie Flies

The small mouth trip is just two days away, I've been working the last few nights on my arsenal. I tied most of these flies, and I'm not really sure how well they will work. I know the white/red clouser works because I caught a fish on it last time. The others are experimental patterns. These flies are a mixture of stuff I tied and store bought flies. Out of the ones I tied I am really impressed with the crawfish looking fly on the left. I tied that with a rabbit strip and dubbing, I think it looks pretty good. I'm eager to try it and see how it works. I also like the black bunny fly with the red accent around the eyes and back. Hopefully all of these flies will catch something.

This weekend I will be fishing with my Trout Unlimited club on the New River. It's my first outing with the club. There is a great bunch of guys going, so this should be a really fun trip. I'm taking my good camera, so I'm not sure how many fishing pictures there will be, but there should be plenty of scenery pics. I will have a full report Sunday night or Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Those all look fishable. I'm going after the Smallies on Sat. We'll have to compare results - I'll be using terrestrials with nymph droppers.

    ReplyDelete